The Reporter would be responsible for writing several original web stories per week on the real-estate beat and produce in-depth features for the website and our monthly magazine.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in covering money and power and a keen desire to learn how the industry brings together elements of politics, business, entertainment, finance and law. The ability to break news is a must, as is the ability to cultivate sources, pitch story ideas and write clean copy on deadline. Experience in business journalism is a plus.
• At least 2 years of reporting experience, preferably in a breaking news environment
• Can write clean, effortless copy with bite
• Experience and/or interest in business reporting
• Ability to juggle short- and long-term projects
• Track record of working well under tight deadlines
• Sees the possibilities for groundbreaking stories in the real estate industry
• Knowledge of WordPress and various social media platforms is a plus, as is research experience
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.