About the job
We are looking for an enterprising Social Media Manager to oversee our content promotion strategy, with an eye on further growing Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok.
We’re looking for a candidate who can use lead generation and ad campaigns to help our platforms see more growth in followers, impressions, engagement and website traffic. The candidate also should have a strong news sense and an understanding of what type of content and how our audience consumes content on social media.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for certain marketing and editorial duties.
- Create lead generation, traffic and conversion ad campaigns for LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Manage and track a monthly ads budget.
- Partner with our ad ops specialist and the sales team to provide recommendations as needed for clients who advertise with us on our social channels.
- Work with the Marketing Director to promote in-house marketing efforts such as events, partnerships, and subscription promotions.
- Oversee and assist the Social Media Editor, who creates the daily flow of content on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Market and remarket important content from our editorial team.
- Work with the video team to create social-first videos; and find ways to take advantage of social media features like Reels, IGTV, Twitter fleet, LinkedIn and Facebook stories.
- Some community management, curating shareable content from other outlets.
- Researching and maintaining social media best practices.
Experience working at a news outlet or media company is preferred.
- Background in editorial is a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to juggle multiple projects
- Social Media savvy
- Knowledge of current social media trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Later and Sprout Social
- Proficiency in Photoshop is a must
- Basic knowledge of fonts, color theory, and layout is a plus
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Premier and After Effects is a plus
- Experience managing a team is a plus
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award three times from the Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the U.S. and our audience as the wealthiest and among the most educated.
The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment and Politico is to Beltway politics: a plugged-in news outlet read by the entire industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.