Renderings show Hackman’s planned Culver Studios expansion

The 413,000-square-foot expansion is slated for 2020 completion

TRD LOS ANGELES /
September 26, 2017 09:00 AM
Culver Studios Rendering (Credit: Gensler)

The studio where “Gone with the Wind” and “E.T.” were filmed is scheduled for a makeover.

In an updated version of the environmental impact report, with new renderings, Hackman Capital Partners proposes an expansion of 413,000-square-feet to the 14-acre site at 9336 W. Washington Boulevard, Urbanize reported.

The Gensler-designed project would demolish some existing structures to make room for seven new buildings. Some aging areas would also be refurbished.
The renovated studio will also offer more parking along Van Buren Place, allowing space for over 2,300 vehicles.

Culver Studios Rendering (Credit: Gensler)
Culver Studios Rendering (Credit: Gensler)

An initial report from the Culver City Planning Division said the new facilities will offer a mix of production space, offices and digital media stages.

Hackman acquired the iconic studio founded by silent movie pioneer Thomas Ince for $85 million in 2014. If approved, construction will begin in early 2018 and end in 2020.

Culver Studios Rendering (Credit: Gensler)
Culver Studios Rendering (Credit: Gensler)

The studio made headlines earlier this year as rumors circulated that Amazon and Apple were going to be moving into the space to pursue original content production. [Urbanize] Natalie Hoberman


Related Article

arrow_forward_ios

Probing paychecks: A look at how much LA’s real estate pros are getting paid

Here’s everything you need to know about Opportunity Zones

From billion to bankrupt: Owner of The Mountain of Beverly Hills files Chapter 11

It ain’t easy being green: MedMen cannabis startup in financial straits, report says

arrow_forward_ios