Drywall rehab draws construction firms’ interest:
Chinese drywall is to normal drywall as the South Florida real estate market is to the national real estate market.
How often do brokers misrepresent square footage?
1. What we need is regulation that defines once and for all the different metrics of a building.
2. It should be illegal not to give accurate square footage of property. The brokers should be fined a hefty sum if they are off base by more than 2 percent.
3. This is nothing compared to commercial property or buildings.
4. Buyers should bring a measuring tape or pay an architect to do a survey. It’s called due diligence baby.
5. The buildings mentioned above are a very small percent of the market. With all the new construction of the last decade it’s pretty straightforward. It’s not only brokers who inflate square footage — trades people do as well.