Fairfield sells Margate apartment complex to NY firm for $36M

The apartment builder sold the community for $180psf — an increase in value of 35% in four years

Miami /
Jul.July 24, 2017 02:45 PM

Fairfield Residential just sold one of its rental complexes in Margate for $36.4 million, property records show.

The 208-apartment community called The Fairways of Carolina Apartments, at 2701 North Rock Island Road, traded for $175,000 per unit.

The buyers are two companies called We Fairways of Carolina Owner and Northlake Fairways of Carolina Owner, which are both controlled by Jeffrey Weiskopf of Monsey, New York-based White Eagle Property Group. The ownership was split so Northlake Fairways has 64 percent control and the remaining 36 percent belongs to We Fairways.

Records show San Diego-based Fairfield Residential bought the nearly 203,000-square-foot complex four years ago for $27 million. The apartment builder sold the community for $180 per square foot — an increase in value of about 35 percent.

White Eagle made a similar trade with Fairfield Residential for an apartment complex called Midora at Woodmont in Tamarac last year, that it bought for $27.2 million.

“We have a good relationship between the firms, and with a deal around this size it makes the trading process smoother,” Weiskopf said. Records show Weiskopf financed the deal with a $29 million loan from Capital One Multifamily Finance, with plans to renovate the clubhouse.

Weiskopf said the community traded 95 percent leased, adding that CBRE represented the sale.

Built in 1994, the community sits on about 11 acres of land. Monthly rents at the complex range from $1,210 for a one-bedroom apartment to $2,665 for a three-bedroom pad. Amenities include a fitness center, playground, community pool and tennis court. Apartments come with a washer and dryer, vaulted ceilings on upper levels, and ceramic-tiled kitchens, according to Apartments.com.

Last year Fairfield sold another similarly sized Deerfield Beach apartment complex to the Scully Company for $36.5 million, or about $182,500 per unit.

White Eagle is an investment firm that buys apartment communities at or below market value, according to its website. Its current portfolio has about 8,000 units nationwide.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
David Grutman and Pharrell’s Goodtime Hotel had received nearly 30 noise violations (Carma Connected, Getty)
Too much of a good time? David Grutman and Pharrell’s Goodtime Hotel could lose entertainment permit
Too much of a good time? David Grutman and Pharrell’s Goodtime Hotel could lose entertainment permit
Related Companies Chairman Stephen Ross with One Flagler (Related, Getty)
Prayers answered? Related Companies closes on church site for planned office tower in downtown West Palm
Prayers answered? Related Companies closes on church site for planned office tower in downtown West Palm
Grover Corlew principal Mark Corlew with Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton (Grover Corlew)
Grover Corlew buys Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton for $45M
Grover Corlew buys Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton for $45M
Inventory for single-family homes and condos fell, indicating a seller’s market (Getty)
South Florida residential sales soar to $8B in June, led by luxury buys
South Florida residential sales soar to $8B in June, led by luxury buys
Rendering of the project and the location for the development (Google Maps, Native Realty)
Former Fort Lauderdale church site to be reborn with offices, retail
Former Fort Lauderdale church site to be reborn with offices, retail
Davie student housing complex scores $62M refi, construction loan
Davie student housing complex scores $62M refi, construction loan
Davie student housing complex scores $62M refi, construction loan
The partially collapsed 12-story Champlain Towers South condo building (Getty)
Inside the tug-of-war over the Surfside condo site’s future
Inside the tug-of-war over the Surfside condo site’s future
Avery Pompano Beach apartments with Yaakov Frankforter of Frankforter Group (LinkedIn via Frankforter, Avery Pompano Beach)
Frankforter Group buys Pompano Beach apartments for $43M
Frankforter Group buys Pompano Beach apartments for $43M
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...