Mobile home park in Hialeah sells for $12M

Parks spans nearly 10 acres, trade breaks down to about $30 psf

Miami /
Mar.March 01, 2018 01:45 PM

Sunny Gardens Mobile Home Park (Credit: Apartments.com)

A nearly 10-acre mobile home park in Hialeah just traded hands for $12 million.

The Sunny Gardens Mobile Home Park at 2901 West 16th Avenue, was sold by a Miramar-based company, led by Michael Kemp, for about $30 per square foot, property records show. The five-parcel sale included properties at 1571 West 29 Street and 3099 West 16 Avenue.

The buyers are two Delaware LLCs, both led by attorney Mark Meland of Meland, Russin & Budwick. Meland declined to comment. The land falls under multifamily and industrial zonings, records show.

Hialeah Pura Vida Commercial LLC bought a 40 percent interest in the property and Hialeah Pura Vida Apartments LLC bought the remaining 60 percent. The seller provided $9 million of financing to the buyers, records show.

Big investment firms like the Carlyle Group have shown interest in buying mobile home parks. Carlyle paid $45.52 million for a 437-unit mobile home community in Boynton Beach last year. And Sam Well’s Equity LifeStyle Properties owns more than 145,000 lots in 32 states and British Columbia, according to its website. The company is known for snapping up distressed real estate and turning a profit.

Properties in the city have been snapped up lately. This week, a private investor paid $10 million for a 67-unit apartment complex in Hialeah. Prominent industrial investors like Codina Partners are also planning projects.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
From left: RK Centers principal Ranaan Katz and Seritage CEO Andrea Olshan in front of the shopping center at 1460 West 49th Street in Hialeah (Google Maps, Seritage Growth Properties, RK Centers)
Seritage flips Hialeah shopping center for $28M, banking $6M profit in hours
Seritage flips Hialeah shopping center for $28M, banking $6M profit in hours
Clockwise from top left: One Sotheby’s Jorge Uribe, Compass' Ida Schwartz, Fortune International Group's Edgardo Defortuna and Royal Palm Companies' Dan Kodsi (Illustration by Kevin Rebong for The Real Deal)
Slowdown hits South Florida’s hot resi market: Here’s what that means
Slowdown hits South Florida’s hot resi market: Here’s what that means
(Illustration by The Real Deal with Getty Images)
South Florida’s June resi sales drop by double digits
South Florida’s June resi sales drop by double digits
(iStock/Illustration by The Real Deal)
Miami again ranks as nation’s least affordable housing market, followed by LA, NY
Miami again ranks as nation’s least affordable housing market, followed by LA, NY
US HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge (Getty, iStock)
A heavy crown: HUD secretary declares Miami “epicenter” of nation’s housing crisis
A heavy crown: HUD secretary declares Miami “epicenter” of nation’s housing crisis
Ares co-founder, President and CEO Michael Arougheti and Countyline Corporate Park in Hialeah (Ares, Miller Construction Company, iStock)
Doubling up: Ares pays $62M for two Hialeah industrial buildings under construction
Doubling up: Ares pays $62M for two Hialeah industrial buildings under construction
Hollywood Locations' Christopher Ursitti and 1400 Northwest 31st Avenue (Hollywood Locations, Google Maps)
Movie studio complex may rise on former incinerator site in Fort Lauderdale
Movie studio complex may rise on former incinerator site in Fort Lauderdale
From left: Prestige Companies COO Alexander Ruiz, CEO Marty Caparros, and partner Dennis Rodriguez (Prestige Companies, Compass)
Prestige JV pays $15M for Salvation Army site in Hialeah, plans 112 rentals
Prestige JV pays $15M for Salvation Army site in Hialeah, plans 112 rentals
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...