Location: New York, NY
The Real Deal, New York City’s first and largest real estate-focused
news magazine, is seeking a Web Producer to join our team in
With over 2.4 million visits a month, TheRealDeal.com is the go-to
news source for the city’s top real estate, finance and investment
professionals. Our coverage includes breaking news, investigative
stories, market reports and longform narrative profiles.
Our work is regularly cited by the New York Times, the Wall Street
Journal, NBC New York and a host of business publications.
The Web Producer will primarily be responsible for aggregating content
from other news sites (10-12 items a day), as well as tagging posts,
optimizing SEO, adding and touching up images, creating slideshows,
and general website maintenance duties.
The ideal candidate is quick, detail-oriented and looking to gain
business journalism experience in an award-winning digital media
- 1+ year experience working in online journalism
- Experience aggregating news content from a variety of sites
- Ability to craft clean copy on short deadlines
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Business journalism experience is a plus
- Social media skills (managing a Facebook page, corporate Twitter account) are a plus
Salary is competitive and is based on experience. Benefits include health insurance, a 401-K plan and the ability to grow within the organization.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and three
clips to Managing Web Editor Hiten Samtani.
To apply, please use the form below or email email@example.com