July’s top 10 retail leasing deals totaled less than half of June’s in terms of square footage.
The 10 biggest retail lease deals signed last month totaled 171,900 square feet, down 344,900 square feet from June’s total of 516,800 square feet. The largest retail lease in June was Toyota’s renewal for 300,000 square feet of space at 660 12th Avenue.
1) Trader Joe’s, 206 Kent Avenue, Williamsburg – 45,000 square feet
The grocer inked a lease for 45,000 square feet of space at 206 Kent Avenue, where Alliance Private Capital is the landlord.
2) The Cliffs, 233 Nevins Street, Gowanus – 40,000 square feet
The climbing gym signed a 25-year lease for 40,000 square feet of space at 233 Nevins Street. David Silberberg of Spaceworks Real Estate Advisors represented the tenant, while Brad Cohen, Jacob Tzfanya and Jon Kamali (then of Eastern Consolidated) represented the landlord of the property, Atkins & Breskins.
3) Vital Climbing Gym, 1 Nassau Avenue, Greenpoint – 31,000 square feet
The climbing gym inked a 15-year lease for 31,000 square feet of space at 1 Nassau Avenue. Michael Kadosh, Lon Rubackin and Jesse Wolff of CBRE represented the tenant, while Brad Krosser, Nick Dries, Keat Chew and Harrison Gilbard-Balisky of EXR represented the landlord, Cayuga Capital.
4) R13 Denim, 34 Howard Street, Soho – 11,350 square feet
The denim retailer signed a 10-year lease for 11,350 square feet of space at 34 Howard Street. David Barreto and Beth Chase of Cast Iron Real Estate represented both the tenant and the landlord, United American Land.
5) Five Below, 530 Fifth Avenue, Grand Central – 10,800 square feet
6) Rumble Fitness II, 49 West 23rd Street, Flatiron – 8,383 square feet
7) FitHouse, 20 West 14th Street, Greenwich Village – 6,800 square feet
The gym inked a 10-year lease for 6,800 square feet at 20 West 14th Street. Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant, while Solomon Sharaby and Albert Manopla of Kassin Sabbagh Realty represented the landlord, Alan Jemal.
8) Anna Kim, 8 West 28th Street, Chelsea – 6,300 square feet
The celebrity chef signed a lease for 6,300 square feet of retail space at 8 West 28th Street for her upcoming restaurant. Harris Bulow, then of Eastern Consolidated, represented the tenant, while Jack Terzi of JTRE Holdings represented the landlord inhouse.
9) Connect One Bank, 551 Madison Avenue, Plaza District – 6,249 square feet
The bank inked a lease for 6,249 square feet at 551 Madison Avenue. Mitchell Kunikoff of Lee & Associates NYC represented the tenant, while Aaron Marcus of Lexin Capital represented the landlord in house.
10) Price Less Discount Store, 78-15 Jamaica Avenue, Woodhaven – 6,000 square feet
The discount retailer signed a 10-year lease for 6,000 square feet at 78-15 Jamaica Avenue. Solomon Sharaby of Kassin Sabbagh Realty represented both the tenant and the landlord of the property, Fred Khalili.