UPDATED August 22, 2018 at 4:07 pm: July’s top office leases had more square footage than June’s. The top 9 office lease deals totaled 2.3 million square feet, greater than June’s 1.7 million square feet.
1) 1199 National Benefit and Pension Funds, 330 West 42nd Street, Midtown West – 455,461 square feet
2) Evercore, 55 East 52nd Street, Plaza District – 350,000 square feet
The investment firm renewed and expanded its lease for 350,000 square feet of office space at 55 East 52nd Street. Alan J. Desino of Colliers International represented the tenant, while Howard Fiddle, Peter Turchin, Christie Harle, Roger Griswold and Benjamin Joseph of CBRE represented the landlord, Fisher Brothers, along with an inhouse team of Marc Packman and Charles Laginestra.
3) Pfizer, 219 East 42nd Street, Midtown East – 350,000 square feet
The pharmaceutical company inked a five-year lease for 350,000 square feet of office space at 219 East 42nd Street, a building which it formerly owned. David Werner and Alexandria Real Estate Equities are the landlords of the building.
4) J. Crew, 225 Liberty Street, Battery Park City – 324,658 square feet
The clothing brand signed a lease for 324,658 square feet at 225 Liberty Street. CBRE represented the landlord of the property, Bank of New York Mellon.
5) LinkedIn, Empire State Building at 350 Fifth Avenue, Garment District – 312,947 square feet
6) McGraw-Hill, 1325 Sixth Avenue, Midtown West – 136,176 square feet
7) Wolters Kluwer, 28 Liberty Street, Financial District – 130,000 square feet
The publisher signed a lease for 130,000 square feet of office space at 28 Liberty Street. CBRE represented the building’s landlord, Fosun International.
8) Spaces, 287 Park Avenue South, Gramercy – 100,613 square feet
The co-working company signed on for 100,613 square feet of office space at 287 Park Avenue South. James Wenk and Kirill Azovtsev of JLL represented the tenant, while Brian Waterman, Alexander Radmin and Brent Ozarowski of Newmark Knight Frank represented the landlord, CL Investment Group.
9) Oscar Health Insurance, One Hudson Square, Soho – 78,000 square feet
The health insurance company inked a lease for 78,000 square feet of space at One Hudson Square. David Falk and Jason Greenstein of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant while David Falk of Newmark Knight Frank represented the landlord, Trinity Real Estate.
10) Roc Nation, 540 West 26th Street, Chelsea – 67,100 square feet
The media company signed a lease for 67,100 square feet of space at 540 West 26th Street. The building’s landlord is Savanna Real Estate Funds.
Correction: An earlier version of this article erroneously stated that Discovery renewed its lease at 850 Third Avenue, and reported the incorrect square footage for another office leasing which caused it to be falsely recorded as being within the top ten.